Re: export account profile from file to ldap

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 02:27, Patrick Hsieh wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'd like some Linux servers running with a central ldap auth. server.
> The environment is ready now. But I have to export existing shell
> account profile from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to LDAP server. I am
> using MD5 encryption in the shadow file. Is there any utility to make
> this?

www.padl.com offers a Migration Toolkit. I stole shamelessly some files
and made up a script to convert a /etc/passwd user to ldap.

This script relies on Debian and also does NOT create some schemes, the
original Migrations Toolkit creates automaticall, as I found they harmed
use of ldap in nsswitch and samba-ldap autentication (but I may be
wrong).

I do not have access to the scripts until Wednsday, please notify me if
you want them sent to you.

Best Regards,

Jorge-León