Re: sendmail without SMTP?

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:32, Gene Grimm wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have sendmail without allowing SMTP
> (non-local) access? We are migrating from an old RedHat sendmail server to
> a new Debian Postfix server but need to leave the old server running for a
> time. I still want to have logcheck mail the summary to our central mail
> server for review along with the other servers' logcheck summaries but no
> longer want to permit our clients to relay through it.

Last time I used sendmail you could run "sendmail -q" from cron to push the
queue without any need for it to run as a daemon.

You can even have sendmail running in that fashion while a better mail server
runs in the regular way on the same machine (if you've got mail in the
sendmail queue that you have to push out).

If you send email to me or to a mailing list that I use which has >4 lines
of legalistic junk at the end then you are specifically authorizing me to do
whatever I wish with the message and all other messages from your domain, by
posting the message you agree that your long legalistic sig is void.