Re: PHP4 module for Apache?

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:23:10PM +0000, Alexandre de M. C. Santos wrote:
> include the implemantation index.php in the line:
>
> DirectoryIndex	index.html index.php
>
> in /etc/apache/srm.conf.
>
> By.
>
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Michael Merritt wrote:
>
> > What package do I need to install to get mod_php support for PHP4 in Apache?
> > I installed the php4 package, but my php scripts are still not being parsed.

If you are refering to *.php3 scripts  not being parsed, it's because the
default /etc/mime.types ties php3 to x-httpd-php3. Edit your /etc/mime.types
as follows and restart apache;

application/x-httpd-php                         phtml pht php php3
#application/x-httpd-php3                       php3

ie, comment out the php3 line and add php3 to application/x-httpd-php

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key