Re: unstable is "unstable"; stable is "outdated"

Hello!

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 04:55:44AM +0800, Jason Lim wrote:
> I know that as a company, we could donate a bit of money (with the economy
> as it is, not much though), but from what I can see, money isn't really
> where the problem lies... it is somewhere else.

Last Debian Weekly News says that a Maintainer dropped 18 packages out
of frustration with the slow pace of Debian 3.0.  It also says that
this slow pace is because Bugs are simply not fixed.

I'd love to become a Debian Maintainer or Bug-Squasher, if I could
make a living out of it, whole or parttime.  Your company could send
me an offer.

This is meant serious, although not intended to be an abuse of the
list.

If companies would a) adopt Debian packages (by inhouse programmers),
and/or b) sponsor packages Maintainers, there would be some economic
thrive behind the Debian Releases, and it would just be fair, because
Debian is thriving a lot of companies, isn't it?

Best Regards,

     Jorge-León