Re: your mail

> > Yes, analog is ugly. However, look into the debian package 'rmagic'.
>
> I have done.
> I can't get it to work :(
> Anyone on this list got it to work with testing, 2.2.19?

Yup sure...  and yes it is fiddly :/

I have a little script called 'runstats' which contans the following:

-----------------------runstats --------------------------
#!/bin/bash

if [ -d /www/$1/logs ]; then

mkdir /www/$1/htdocs/logs >/dev/null
cd /www/$1/htdocs/logs
cat /etc/rmagic/template >rmagic.ini
echo >>rmagic.ini Base_URL = http://www.$1/
echo >>rmagic.ini Title = $1 - Traffic Report
genanalogconf $1 | analog -G +g- | rmagic >/dev/null

fi

All of our customers have a directory matching their domain name in /www, so
there would be a /www/domain.com/logs directory.

/etc/rmagic/template is available from http://www.bytel.net.uk/template

genanalogconf is available from http://www.bytel.net.uk/genanalogconf

Basically all that happens is analog runs on a domain's log files as usual
but instead of outputting to an .html file with a collection of GIFs, the
analog config tells it to change the output format to 'COMPUTER' which is a
text file with lots of numbers :>

That output is then piped into 'rmagic' which reads it's rmagic.ini from the
current directory and generates lots of HTML, PNGs to produce a nice report
for end users available for viewing at http://domain.com/logs/ :)

The templates I use tend to generate lots of warnings about things being
disabled, etc. but the reports still come out OK - <shrug> it works for me
:)

Have fun!

Gavin.