Re: central authentication with LDAP

openldap installer (potato unstable/testing) for libnss-ldap,
libpam-ldap configures /etc/ldap/ldap.conf, but the openldap utilities
look in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf (just make a symlink).

Is this also true for unstable? Also I noticed that the file names in /etc/openldap and /etc/ldap are the same. Can I just symlink the entire /etc/ldap directory to /etc/openldap?

On padl's site I downloaded the "Migration tools", then crouched one
or two of them and now I am able to say on my central autentication host:

I will check these out...

It's not baken out, but I would be very glad to share and discuss with
other people interested in the same thing.

Thank you for your generocity. I have been struggling with openldap on debian unstable for weeks now any help or suggestions you may have is greatly appreciated.

In fact I mailed a collect-mail to some of the maintainers because I
think that pam/ldap/nss actuall are dangerous for the non-guru
installer, but I only got response from one.

You are telling me. As a non guru I may have totally hosed my system by now. Just today I was seriously thinking about re-installing from scratch.

BTW is it possible to downgrade your debian from unstable to testing? I am also thinking about doing that.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/