Mailserver with accounts seperated from unix-accounts

Hi

I am currently setting up a debian-box for my school which should act as
a mailserver too. I would like to have the mail-accounts seperated from
the normal unix-accounts. Storing them in mysql or postgresql would be
best, because I don't know much about ldap. But storing them in ldap
would be ok too. So which software should I set up? I would like to use
postfix as MTA. But combine it with which imap-server? I have often used
cyrus which I like very much. I have installed courier too. So which
solution is good documentated. Or has somebody a setup running with
postfix and mysql/ldap? All accounts stored in a central seperated
database is everything I need.