Re: Mailserver with accounts seperated from unix-accounts

On Monday 24 September 2001 15:06, Erik Tews wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am currently setting up a debian-box for my school which
> should act as a mailserver too. I would like to have the
> mail-accounts seperated from the normal unix-accounts. Storing
> them in mysql or postgresql would be best, because I don't
> know much about ldap. But storing them in ldap would be ok
> too. So which software should I set up? I would like to use
> postfix as MTA. But combine it with which imap-server? I have
> often used cyrus which I like very much. I have installed
> courier too. So which solution is good documentated. Or has
> somebody a setup running with postfix and mysql/ldap? All
> accounts stored in a central seperated database is everything
> I need.

Don't see any documentation yet but I haven't downloaded the
packages and looked at the example folders yet.  Maybe they have
something in there.

Debian package search results

Release
                          Package (size)
unstable
       postfix-ldap 0.0.20010808.SNAPSHOT-1   (22.7k)

       LDAP map support for Postfix
unstable
       postfix-mysql 0.0.20010808.SNAPSHOT-1   (21.4k)

       MYSQL map support for Postfix
unstable
       postfix-pcre 0.0.20010808.SNAPSHOT-1   (20.2k)

       PCRE map support for Postfix

Jesse