Re: Partition Help

hi ya "information"

there are varying schools of thought on partitions...

- i like / to be as small as possible...
	- i like partitions for /, /tmp, /var, /usr, /opt
	and than worry about backups of /etc and /opt only
		( /opt aka  /home )

	- "system stuff" is already on the original cdrom
	and all over the net for other files you'd need

- collection of partition stuff...
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/Installation/partition.gwif.html

- if you are moving (partition) stuff around and/or playing...
	- be sure to save your important data first..to a different
	disk/system

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Sec.net