Number of PPP channels

Hi,

I have setup a dialin server using 8-port Cyclades. Users can dial. But I never
observe activity on port #8. Looks like dial to port #1-#7 ok, but failed on #8.
Will someone suggest how should I do my troubleshooting?
FYI, dmesg only shows 'register device ppp0' thru '... ppp6', only 7 ppp channels
for serving 8 dialin ports. Is that message means anything?

TIA,

-- andika

http://ftp.itb.web.id/
Linux Kernel, Debian, Mandrake, RedHat, Slackware, SuSE, Trustix
FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD
Apache, CPAN, CTAN, MySQL, PHP, PostgreSQL, RFC