Re: Streaming MP3

> Have you ever been able to record something ?
  Not from the sound card. I don't seem to be able to "read" from the
sound card (my understanding is that /dev/dsp is both input and output
of the sound card) but I do get audio out through the speakers.

> - you have not set up recording source properly with a mixer (aumix
> for instance)
  I'm using gmix 3.0 under gnome. I can control all the inputs (line-in,
mike, CD, SYN, volumn, etc.) and the mixer effects the speaker output. I
have the record switchs on for all the sources.

> - you haven't plugged the source in the right hole
    Nope, everything is in the right place plus I have 3 sources to
choose from (CD, mike and line-in) and I can't record from any of them,
but I can Listen to them through the speakers... am I right in trying to
read the audio out from /dev/dsp?

> - there is no sound in your cable ??
     There is definetly sound here.

Pete