Re: virtual hosting methods

    Frank> On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 12:30:41AM +0200, Martin 'pisi' Paljak wrote:
    >> Actually there is a very nice and nifty feature in apache 1.3.19+ (or was
    >> it 20+) that allows an include filename to be a directory what will
    >> include all directories and subdirs of the named direcotry, and load all
    >> files in those dirs as config files. With some maintenance scripts it
    >> allows very easy maintenance of virtual hosts (configuration...)

    Frank> Only thing: remember NOT to leave temp/backup files in that directory,
    Frank> as EVERY file is read as a config file...

 That should be fixed.  I think it ought to ignore dot files, "~"
 suffixed files, files that begin with "-" (so you can elide them
 without moving them elsewhere), and files with a ".dpkg-*" suffix.

 It should not descend a ".backup*/" directory created by emacs
 either, in case someone is using backup directories.

--
I was Linux when Linux wasn't cool.