Re: Transparent Proxy in the 2.4.x kernel

Apparently, on Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 02:46:46PM +1100, Andrew Tait wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been considering upgrading our servers from the 2.2.x kernel up to
> the 2.4 (we have 1 server running testing/woody, soon to be 2). However, one
> thing I want in a new kernel is transparent proxying, which wasn't (AFAIK)
> compiled in the debian image for 2.2.
>
> Is the 2.4 debian kernel-image compiled with transparent proxy? Or do I need
> to compile my own?

I don't know what the 2.4 debian kernel-image has in it since I've only
compiled my own but here is how you would setup a transparent proxy with
2.4.
http://netfilter.samba.org/netfilter-faq-3.html#ss3.12
I would guess the debian image has the necessary netfilter modules.

--
Tim Moss
debian@to11.net