Re: Project 2000 on Debian (under Wine) ?

> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >
> > <quote who="Thedore Knab">
> >
> > > I am looking for a Linux based tool that is designed to help manage a
> > > variety of projects. This tool needs to be able to schedule and track
> > > tasks
> >
> > MrProject from CodeFactory (codefactory.se) is kicking arse at the moment;
> > perhaps you could pitch in and help out?
> >
> > > and interface with Outlook clients. Anybody know one?
> >
> > Interface with Outlook? Ain't going to happen. Unless everything is done via
> > iCal, etc. I don't believe Project and Oulook use this as their primary
> > interface on Windows anyway. You won't be getting this feature any time
> > soon.
> >
> > - Jeff
>
> There is a Company at
> http://www.bynari.net/Products/TradeServer/trade_server.html that has
> info on using Outlook with Linux. I have never used it but it looks
> interesting.
>
> Pete
> --
> http://www.elbnet.com
> ELB Internet Services, Inc.
> Web Design, Computer Consulting, Internet Hosting

I used it for a while (I even paid for a license), but it kept
segfaulting.  This was version 1.03.  When I wrote to the support, they
said they knew and were coming out with a new version soon.  They never
got back to me when I had troubles downloading it from Tucows, though :(
It couldn't do the calendering in stand alone moue, it needed a WinNT
with proxy software installed, and IIRC, it used POP to get the mail.
There's a project on Source Forge.  Look it up:  www.sourceforge.net.

--
Aaron Ghent.

Nobody owns life,