lynx, news.bbc.co.uk, DNS failures

Re lynx failing to follow CNAME

I've got users finding that lynx is failing to find news.bbc.co.uk.  It
happens most of the time, but not always.  Seems to relate to the TTL
on the A record to which news points.  Works fine with mozilla, netscape
and wget so I'm thinking it is lynx specific but I suppose it could be
something in the way bind caches queries.  Can anyone tell me why this
is happening and/or suggest a work around?

;; ANSWER SECTION:
news.bbc.co.uk.         1556    IN      CNAME   newswww.bbc.net.uk.
newswww.bbc.net.uk.     283     IN      A       212.58.240.38

cfm