Re: Radius-Server als flexible as Radiator?

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:12:53 +0200, Russell Coker
<russell@coker.com.au> wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:45, Marc Haber wrote:
>> Any hints will be appreciated. Is there a free radius server that is
>> as flexible as radiator is?
>
>Firstly my experience with radiator was that it wasn't as flexible as
>freeradius is becoming.

Do I read that correctly? Freeradius is even more flexible than
radiator is?

>  However radiator allows putting Perl code in config
>files to extend the functionality of the program thus allowing great
>flexibility.  Of course anything you can do for Radiator in Perl you can do
>for other Radius servers in C...

Yes, but the reluctancy of writing two lines of perl is much lower
than writing C for most people.

>The real problem with Radiator (IMHO) is that it is so terribly slow.  All
>the other RADIUS servers are written in C and are 10 times faster or more.
>When you have 500K customers Radiator becomes a joke.

This is a strong argument. Thanks for your opinion, I really
appreciate that.

Greetings
Marc