Radius-Server als flexible as Radiator?

Hi,

we are currently using radiator, a commercial radius server written in
perl. Since we are about to need a new license and I don't appreciate
using commercial software, I am looking for a free replacement.
However, my colleagues claim that there are no free radius servers
that are as flexible as radiator is. Especially, we seem to rely on
radiator's capacity to base decisions on different fields in the
database, and not only on the user name. We also seem to use username
rewriting quite a lot.

I don't have a clue about radius, so I probably got some of the
terminology wrong.

Any hints will be appreciated. Is there a free radius server that is
as flexible as radiator is?

Greetings
Marc