Re: Mail Server Virus Protection

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 02:42:03PM -0400, Gene Grimm wrote:
> I don't recall if I have seen anything on this list regarding the issue of
> scanning messages for viruses as they are processed by a Linux-based mail
> server. If there is such a package, where can I find information on this
> such as the format for mail storage and configuration? Thanks for any
> assistance you can provide.
We use Amavis from http://www.amavis.org/. It is a GPL application. It
works well for us. Amavis will work with Sendmail, Postfix, and Qmail
(and possibly others). You will also need a virus scanner to plug in to
it. We use Amavis + Sendmail + McAffee. Sendmail's libmilter is great!
-
Jean-Paul Stewart
Senior Systems Administrator

CarbonMedia, Inc.