Re: IPSec

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:07:26PM -0700, Nick Jennings wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I am new to IPSec and VPN's and I am trying to set up a VPN between my
>   house, and my work. They already have a VPN in place (using FreeSwan).
>   So I wanted to use my debian router and am wondering if there is a
>   deb package for freeswan? I am using potato with 2.4 kernel updates
>   (from bunk). I see the package pipsecd when searching for ipsec in
>   dselect, but this does not appear to be freeswan, correct? Any
>   help would be usefull, as I have been trying to build a freeswan
>   kernel and am having trouble with compilation.

I don't know about potato, but kernel-patch-freeswan in woody (1.9-1),
is not working with 2.4.10.

I succeeded with a woody system:
    linux 2.4.10
    kernel-patch-freeswan (1.91-3) from sid
    freeswan (1.91-3) from sid
    one end behind NAT

I built a kernel-package with make-kpkg:

export PATCH_THE_KERNEL=YES
make-kpkg --revision 3:myhost.1 --append-to-version -ipsec \
  --config menuconfig kernel-image kernel-headers

I used the documentation from www.freeswan.org.

- Beware of your firewall configuration
- Don't try to ping one end from the other. The ends are not pingable,
  unless you set up SNAT rules to change source address of
  packets going through the tunnel to an ip (private) the other end
  knows how to reach.

florian

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------