Re: Sendmail

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 01:48:37PM -0700, Michael R. Welch wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> When I remotely scan the ports I can't find smtp services. So my question is
> how do you configure sendmail to start in daemon mode on reboot. I'm new to
> debian but have some unix/linux experience as a user and super user, but am
> unfamiliar with some of the finer details.

generally all system services are started thru /etc/init.d/... scripts, which
are linked to appropriate runlevel directories /etc/rc?.d/..., the default
boot runlevel can be found in /etc/inittab on the line containing initdefault,
... to see whether the service is running at the machine you can use

netstat -ltu (listen, tcp, udp)

more in nag, lag, etc. they're packaged...

> thanks
>
> Michael Welch

martin
--
2CC0 4AF6 92DA 5CBF 5F09  7BCB 6202 7024 6E06 0223