Re: Smaller dial-in systems [was: portslave]

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 11:53, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Anything that can be done by getty, mgetty, radius-client, etc can be
> > done better by Portslave.
>
> Is portslave appropriate for a smaller system, say with only three dial-in
> ports? mgetty is not exactly the most polite software to administer, and
> there are lots of times I'd like a simple, easy to install, sub-10-port
> dial-in system.

There's nothing stopping you from running Portslave with a single dial-in
line!

If your dial-in setup is serious enough to use a RADIUS server then it's big
enough for Portslave.

Setting up the RADIUS server is likely to be the most difficult part of a
Portslave installation.