portslave

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:34, Cathedral wrote:
> I`m configuring one board cylades cyclom-y and got all the board configured
> but now i can`t set the modens to work, i`ve configured the radius-client
> to authenticat on my radius-server and start pppd automaticaly.
> I have put a line like that on inittab
>

> C0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -I ' AT OK AT&W0' ttyC0 (also with /dev/)
> 9600 -l path_to_radlogin/radlogin
> The modem answers the line but my win98 clients doesn`t connect do nybody
> can help me about that,i`m getting really desperated.

That will only work for terminal authentication (the default for Windows is
AutoPPP).  Also are you sure that your "-I" parameter is correct?  The
documentation for the version of getty that I use doesn't indicate support
for chat scripts.

Why not use Portslave?  It answers the phone and supports full chatscript
functionality for modem configuration etc.  Portslave presents a "login:"
prompt and authenticates with a RADIUS server.  It also recognises AutoPPP
sequences and runs pppd with a special module so that the pppd will talk to
the RADIUS server for authentication.  When the connection is finished the
details of bytes and packets transferred will be logged to the RADIUS server.

Also Portslave supports a variety of options for running ssh, telnet, or
rlogin connections based on what the RADIUS server specifies.

Anything that can be done by getty, mgetty, radius-client, etc can be done
better by Portslave.

Another thing, currently there are two active Portslave developers, me and a
Cyclades employee (the Cyclades TS4000 type boxes run a derivative of my
2000-12-25 release).  Run the latest Portslave from unstable and you get most
of the features of the high-end Cyclades terminal server boxes, plus some
features that haven't yet been copied into the Cyclades tree.