Re: vmailmgr issue

Heey, glad my memory isn't in as bad of condition as I first thought.  :)

I'm not positive, but I do know that qmail reads a bunch of control files upon startup, and it looks like your error message is stating that the control directory cannot be found.

On a default qmail install from src, the top level directory for qmail is /var/qmail. Inside of that, among several other directories, is one called "control". Inside of that are several text files that contain things like virtual host lists, aliases, etc...

Here's what my control/ directory looks like:

databytes      locals       plusdomain      virtualdomains
defaultdomain  locals.lock  rcpthosts       virtualdomains.lock
defaulthost    me           rcpthosts.lock

Make sure your qmail install is finding these files, and you should be good to go.

If all else fails, go grab a Newcastle or BlueMoon, print out "Life with qmail" (http://www.lifewithqmail.org/), download the qmail source, and start the install from scratch. That proved to be the easiest way to get it installed for me. (Only took me a couple of hours to get qmail, courier-imap/pop, qmailadmin, vpopmail, and sqwebmail installed)...

YMMV-
Eric