Re: Ethernet Card recommendation

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 02:16:24AM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> > I have about 5 dlinks i can hang with just a pingflood! I'll never buy
> > dlink nics again!
>
> We use the D-Link 530TX, it's a 4 port card based on the tulip chipset (21152
> to be exact) ... they've worked flawlessly for us in many different
> environments.

Yes, the 570TX (I think it's 570 rather than 530) is an excellent
card, but I'd expect expect no less from a DEC-based chipset. :)

I too have had awful problems with the D-Link cards based on the VIA
Rhine chipset.. random lockups (on Linux, NT4 and Win2000) .. very nasty
stuff :(

Just reinforces why I don't trust VIA, and will never buy a Athlon so
long as VIA are producing the mobo chipsets for them ...

gdh