Re: Newbie problem with mon

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 03:21:57PM +0200, Nicolas Bouthors wrote:
> Looking at the doc, I see that I need the perl module SNMP, but when
> I try to install it (with 'perl -MCPAN -e shell' or from the tar.gz)
> the build process crashes lacking a #ldefine TYPE_INTEGER32 and a few
> others.

it's already packaged for debian, no need to install it from CPAN.

> PS : Packages installed : libsnmp4.1, libsnmp4.1-dev, snmpd

try libnet-snmp-perl (or it might be called libsnmp-perl - the package
name changed in woody or sid)

also look at the Suggests field for mon for other things you might need:

Suggests: fping, libauthen-pam-perl, libfilesys-diskspace-perl, libnet-perl,
libnet-dns-perl, libnet-ldap-perl, libnet-telnet-perl, libsnmp-perl,
libstatistics-descriptive-perl

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>