Re: Qmail relay control

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 at 16:51:01 +1000, andy wrote:

> /etc/qmail/rcpthosts

No.

> man qmail-smtpd

Yes :-) .

       rcpthosts
            Allowed  RCPT  domains.   If  rcpthosts  is supplied,
            qmail-smtpd  will  reject  any   envelope   recipient
            address with a domain not listed in rcpthosts.

And Alex is looking for a file containing hostnames _from_ which qmail
is to relay, not _to_ which.
To control it, one must set environment variable RELAYCLIENT. It can be
done for instance with tcp-env or tcpserver. See FAQ point 5.4 (or
whatever it is numbered nowadays).

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 tomek@lodz.tpsa.pl   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.