Re: MTA - MLM - DNS configuration question

> From: "Jason Lim" <maillist@jasonlim.com>
> Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:42:21 +0800
> To: "Eirik Dentz" <eirikdentz@brainlink.com>, <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: MTA - MLM - DNS configuration question
>
> I've been optimizing a number of email servers for a client now, AND I can
> tell you that ANY disk access apart from the mail system will severely
> impact the speed of the server, unless you're talking real low volume. As
> soon as you start to get around 200-300K per day,

Hmm that low huh?  The web server hosts the company web site and it sends
approximately 60 MB/day.  The mailing-list server on the other hand would be
more of a test at this point and it would probably be very very low traffic
(2-3 lists with 10-20 subscribers each).  Would it involve a lot of pain to
transfer the Mailing lists to a separate email server further down the road?
I wouldn't think it would be too bad, but I'm sure you have a better idea
than myself.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

eirik