[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: WAN Adapters...Wan in general

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Nicolas Bougues wrote:

> I believe you're talking about a T1/E1 link. Basically, the telco
> brings you the T1/E1 trunk. Then, depending on the country/operator,
> they provide you with a CSU/DSU, or not.
> It they do, the CSU/DSU will provide a sync serial port, either V35 or
> X21. V35 should be avoided, connectors are ugly and expensive, X21 is
> OK. Then you'll need a sync board with a matching serial interface
> (see below).
> If they don't, they provide you a basic G703 T1 or E1 line. You have
> either to buy a CSU/DSU, or to use a board that doesn't require
> one. In this case, your board will connect directly to the 4 telco
> wires, using (usually) an RJ45 plug.

> Such board (with or without CSU/DSU) exist for Linux. Try :
> www.sangoma.com, www.etinc.com, etc.

At my work we use Cyclades PC300 boards
(http://www.cyclades.com/products/svrbas/pc300.htm), available with
different types of connectors. 

They are quite easy to configure and offer open source drivers.


Teun Vink - teun@moonblade.net - icq: 15001247 - http://teun.moonblade.net

Reply to: