Re: routing routable IPs over non-routable IPs

At 07:27 AM 5/21/01 +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
>On Mon, 21 May 2001 13:46:14 +1000, Jeremy Lunn writes:
>>I know this isn't Debian specific.  But I'm just wondering if it's fine
>>to route routable IP addresses over non-routable IP addresess.
>
>Yes, although many would consider it bad practice (I am an example),
> because you´ll face trouble when you have to debug something, and have
> non-routable IPs on some path.

We should probably clarify "non-routable" by saying "non-publicly routable".
Routers have no concept of restricted ip ranges other than what is programed
into them.  As long as you are debugging from a place that "knows about"
your private ip's, there shouldn't be a problem.  At GE we cross privates to
go from public to public all the time.

                    ---=<ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US>=---
            ___/`<YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!>`\___

00000100