Re: Kernels 2.4.x for ISP ?

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 06:56:28PM +0200, PiotR wrote:

> I manually upgraded the required programs.
>
> We didn't have any problems with the deamons we were running ( Squid, ircd,
> apache, proftpd... )

Interesting.  We can't run Kernel 2.4.4 with Squid, as squid wants to
use about 40% CPU which slows down the box way too much.

Any suggestions anyone?

When we boot back to a 2.2.19 kernel squid is fine again.  I have also
tryed recompiling squid when a 2.2.4 kernel was running.

There are no obvious log entry's that point out the problem either.
It's Debian Potato with modutils and the like upgraded.

Regards,
Robert Davidson.