Re: local APT mirror

Hi,

If you are going to mirror once a week then just set up a cron job and
use the rsync method, have a look here http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror.

You can then set up your apt sources list to include local and external
mirrors and it should use your mirror first [put it first in the list] and
then get from the external if a later package is available.

If you set up Apache to serve the mirror via http you can allow only
local network access.

I mirror alpha and i386 packages from stable, testing and unstable,
takes up about 7-9 Gigs these days. Not sure on the bandwidth usage..

Hope that helps

Rob