local APT mirror

list,

 I am looking to create an APT mirror for my local machines. I have a set of
debian 2.2 cd's and can begin the mirror by copying those onto the hard drive of
the server, and then perhaps update the mirror via ftp or rsync once a week. the
mirror would only be available from my local network.

what i am looking to do is when i do apt-get install package it looks on the
server on the lan first, then connects to a real debian mirror, should the package
not be on my machine.

Any body got any tips on how to do this or docs on doing it?

--
James Mclean

 | E: jamesmc@jamesmc.org           |
 | W: http://jamesmc.org            |
 | W: http://stalechicken.com       |

Linux; Brought to you by the letters G,N & U