Re: sendmail is slow for mass mail

I've just been researching the same problem myself, and came accross a program called SMTPfeed.  Don't know anything more about it, except for a mailer comparison page which claimed that it was one of the better high volume mail thingies.  Supposedly plugs into sendmail somehow, so you won't have to abandon your setup.

It's a Debian package in the current distro so you should be able to apt-get it.  Let me know if you try it because I have to do the same in a few weeks.