Re: First ISDN connection kills IP-route

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:54:58AM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> Check /etc/ppp/ip-up.d. A script is probably deleting the routes.

Thanks for the hint. I have checked that, but ist doesn't happen. Only
the default-route is deleted and added if the interface is ippp0.

There is a small hint in the isdn4linux FAQ.
10. I cannot dial out with "isdnctrl dial ippp0". It seems as if the
route to ipppd is missing although I *did* set it ("network
unreachable"). With my old kernel < 2.0 everything works fine!

 In the newer kernels you have to place "route" as the very last command
 before the dialout command. Otherwise the kernel will delete the route.

But because I use "dial on demand" there is no dialout command.

Bernd