From: Jeff S Wheeler [mailto:jsw@five-elements.com]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 11:44 PM
To: Mike Fedyk
Subject: RE: arpwatch and more

An ethernet switch won't send frames to "multiple ports".  Ethernet switches
can broadcast, they can unicast, and some new layer3 switches can multicast
IP "efficiently", but if your switch sees the same MAC address on several
interfaces, one of them is going to get blocked (if you have spantree), or
the switch will just learn the new interface, and frames would go to the
wrong interface, but not to both.

- jsw