make machine

Hi group,

I need to make some serious changes to my kernels, on various servers at my location, I have everything from 486's up to 1.2Gig boxes, so rather than compiling on the cpu and RAM-challenged boxes, I'd like to make kernels on one of my more powerful boxes. What do I need to be aware of when doing this? Anything? Do I need to copy anything other than the bzImage and system map? If I compile for module support, what do I need to move to the
target machine?

If this isn't the right forum, I apologize, point me to the right documentation and i'll go away happy. : )

btw, all potato boxen, 2.2 and 2.4 kernels involved.

Thanks,

Duane Powers