Re: load balancer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:34:45 +0100 (MET)
From: DI Peter Burgstaller <peter@ains.at>
To: Marcel Hicking <hicking@du.gtn.com>
Subject: Re: load balancer

> > :)) And what about sessions ?
>
> As session data is usually stored in a database,
> have the sql server on a separate machine (you
> would anyway if you have enough traffic to need
> a load balancer, wouldn't you?)

But that is not the only problem.
HTTPS is another and also with LVS you can do much more "intelligent" load-balancing, using different balancing algorithms. Not to mention the fail-over
capabilities.

I'm not saying its impossible with ipchains, I'm just saying that a lot of
people are working on more sophisticated solutions already and that those solutions are working great!

- Cheers, Peter
| Dipl.-Ing. Peter Burgstaller                 |
| Technical Assistant and System Administrator |
| @ all information network & services gmbh    |
| email: peter.burgstaller@ains.at             |
| phone: +43 662 452335                        |
| fax  : +43 662 452335 90                     |