Compiling courier on potato

Hello All

As as follow up to recent discussions on compiling debs on "old"
releases:

I am running the latest Courier IMAP + POP3 on Potato.  I am also
planning on installing Sqwebmail (which I have managed to
compile).  But all of this is compiled from source and installed under
/usr/local/....

I was looking at the unstable debian package for Courier,
courier_0.31.1-2.dsc.

<quote>

    Build-Depends: libmysqlclient10-dev, libpam0g-dev, libdb2-dev,
    libperl-dev, debhelper (>= 1.1.17),  mime-support

</quote>

The libmysqlclient and debhelper are newer than those on potato,
and I cant find "libperl-dev".

What chances are there to get this to compile on potato, or should I
just stick with the source distribution?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 +21 683-1388  Fax: +27 +21 64-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa