Re: latest postfix for potato? (was:Re: Compiling bind_8.2.3-0 for slink)

> I'm prepared to concede defeat and upgrade the slink system to potato
> (there are other motivating factors here too - things too old just become
> too hard sooner or later - OTOH >400 days uptime can be strong motivation
> to just "let it be").

I agree -- it is hard to upgrade a system when it works great and you have
a great uptime.

My 2.0.36-, slink-based apache/exim/bind server made it to 497 days. Some
jiffy problem caused a panic. I heard about this problem, but I wanted to
see what happened. I was happy at 365 days; I was going to be really happy
at 500 days.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources