Re: htaccess failure

I had some similar problem and although I can't remember exactly what was, but it
was something to do with the order of the commands. It had me fooled for a while.

Here's an example of a .htaccess file that works.
This one also allows access to a certain subnet of IP's without having to enter a
password.
(replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with relavent IP's)

Deny from all
AuthName "Staff only"
Allow from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/27
AuthType Basic