Network problem on Proliant w/Debian

Hi

I am having heavy problems with getting eepro100 cards to run on Compaq
Proliant DL 360.

The nics just work fine on a 2.2 Kernel, so a physical error can be ruled
out. I already tried to get the card working with all stable 2.4 kernels,
some AC and some pre-ones.

Here's the error message I get, when trying to do a ping:
eth1: Transmit timed out: status a090   0c00 at 28/58 command 0001a0000

I looked at the source in 2.2.18 and 2.4.1, when this message is printed
out and I couldn't find any significant difference (there also aren't any
changing #defines).

What makes wondering some more is, that the same card works in any other
computer around here, so it must have something todo with 2.4 and
Proliants.

Does anyone suffer from similar experiences or am I the only one?

MfG/Regards, Alexander

--
Alexander Reelsen   http://joker.rhwd.de
ref@linux.com       GnuPG: pub 1024D/F0D7313C  sub 2048g/6AA2EDDB