Re: NOC scripting

On Monday 22 January 2001, at 18 h 16, the keyboard of Debian Ghost
<debian-isp@ghost.ntelos.net> wrote:

> using to develop the system. I plan on using enlightenment as a WM and
> wanted to ask for advice on the best way to write a script to open
> multiple terminal windows (Eterm or Xterm) to connect and log in to the
> many various systems that we monitor.

It looks really old-fashioned. Many years ago, I saw supervision consoles in
telcos which were operated that way, with a human in front of the console
24h/day, with nothing else to do than to watch.

Unless you have a lot of staff, why not use more automatic systems like mon <http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/>?