samba question

Hi,

I have a small problem with my samba server: it is running as a domain
controller for the windoze clients. When a user copies some files to a
shared public directory, then this user is the only one, who can change
the _msdos/mswin_ attributes of the file, although the create mask for
this share is 0777 (really, it is - checked). Any other user can modify
(even delete!) others files in this share, but just can't change their
attribs.
Should I take this as a fact, or might this samba feature be reconfigured?

Regards,

   Balint

PS: Thanks for any help in advance
PS2: I've skimmed the O'Reily samba book, but haven't find this...