Re: samba or NFS mount

The samba server is designed to make a Unix server look like an NT
server to WinTel boxes. The samba client (which is what you need) is
used to "mount" WinTel shares on your Unix client. Haven't used it in a
while but it was rather arcane a few years ago, but pretty easy to get
the hang of. If you are running a GUI (and I assume you are if you are
viewing spreadsheets) it should probably be pretty straightforward.

Rod

> You do not need to run a samba server to mount filesystems on your
Linux