Re: samba or NFS mount

Hello Debian,

Saturday, November 25, 2000, 8:52:22 PM, you wrote:

DG> Hey Guys,
DG> I was wondering what would be better to use in this situation.
DG> I want to basically be able to have read access to a particular LAN device
DG> on which the files are on a NT server and the client(s) that I want to be
DG> able to read files (mostly spreadsheets *.xls) that change daily. So I
DG> guess the question I have is would samba be better to use or some other
DG> nfs protocal?

DG> Thank you kindly,

DG> Sir D. Ghost
If you have some moneys, buy HUMMINGBIRD NFS MAESTRO server for NT:
NFS Maestro Server enables UNIX workstations and network-attached NFS
computers to access Windows-based resources such as Windows NT file
systems, directories, printers and CD-ROMs across a network.
http://www.hummingbird.com/products/nc/nfs/index.html