Re: per-user spam blocking with Postfix

On 2000-11-21 17:59, brian moore wrote:
>> I would like to allow the users to select which spam filters to use (ORBS,
>> MAPS, both, something else) through a file on disk (which will be created
>> by a web page).  The file could be a .procmail file or something else.
>
>No, it can be done within postfix.

Excellent!

>> It seems that it's impossible to block mail from being received on a
>> per-user basis, so I guess I will have to bounce them (returning an SMTP
>> error 550 is much better as spam generally doesn't have a good bounce
>> address).  But if it is possible to return an error 550 based on sender-IP
>> and destination email then I'd like to know how!
>
>Bzzzt... Wrong... It can be done within postfix, which is the best way
>to do it.  See http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/sw/postfix_patch.html

Thanks a lot!  I am checking that now.  It seems that this patch isn't
integrated into the postfix-tls package so I'll have to compile my own (and
file a wishlist bug).

>> Also I would like to provide an option of flagging messages or putting
>> them in a seperate IMAP folder (procmail could do this if procmail can
>> handle the ORBS and MAPS lookups).
>
>I use procmail for nailing some special headers ('Authenticated
>sender' nonsense, when it's not from Pegasus, forged Received lines
>with bogon IP numbers, etc), but the various DNS lookups (and things
>like my own blacklist of bad networks and senders....) are handled by
>postfix's smtpd, and our users get to pick and choose which filters they
>want to apply from a web page.  (Which is really trivial -- it just
>updates a db file.)

OK.  How about LDAP?  I haven't looked at how the postfix LDAP patches work,
are they generic enough to have this magically work with LDAP?