Re: network monitoring using graphs and status

Hi

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 03:34:45PM +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
> I'l looking for a program to monitor our ISP network servers and routers
> that is capable of doing
> 1. checking different services (like mon, netsaint)
> 2. showing nice graphs of cpu load and disc-space and traffic (like MRTG)
> 3. produces HTML pages (like netsaint)
> 4. is free and extendible
Ok. remstats seems to fulfill your needs. It is based on rrdtool by Tobias
Oetiker. In addition, it even has alert functions, if something like load,
memory, diskspace exhausts, or a burst on a network occurs.

> MRTG was also not so suitable as it depends too strongly on traffic
> analyses and is incapable of showing e.g. three graphs in one picture and
> I like to have as much information on one HTML page.
With remstats you can create your own webpages and templates if you want,
so it's up to you what information you pack into one page. By default you
see by-host pages.

Check http://silverlock.dgim.crc.ca/remstats/release for further
information about remstats.

MfG/Regards, Alexander