Re: Trying to get online

The irq is hooked to the serial port you are using.  The IO port is as
well (try setserial /dev/modem or whatever you have your modem on -
/dev/modem is usualy a symlink...)

check 'modprobe -l' for a ppp module.  if it's there, use 'insmod ppp' to
load it and then try again.  If that doesn't work, you must have compiled
your own kernel without the correct support for PPP in it...

-Nathan