Re: ISP Problem with Modem Disconnections

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 09:41:30PM -0700, art lemasters wrote:
>   I know that this list is *for* ISPs, but my question
> is still relevant.  When I send mail to one particular
> listserver (as all other mail works fine) in reply
> to another mail (e.g., Patriarchy list at
> E-Groups.com), my modem is shut off before the
> transfer
> goes through.  This has occured both through Web
> browsers and an MUA on this machine.

It's a shot in the dark, but when your modem initializes before
connecting to the internet, wack W2=255 in the init string and see if
that fixes it.  The side effect will be a (plus)(plus)(plus) sequence
wont put the modem into command mode.

Regards,
Robert Davidson.