Re: smtp domain question (fwd)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Debian Ghost wrote:

> I have just changed DNS to point to a different domain.
> I changed from ghost.net.cfw.com to ghost.ntelos.net. I edited
> the /etc/exim.conf file to reflect the change, but for some reason
> when I telnet to smtp "ESMTP", it still thinks it is the old domain rather
> than the new. Is there a global configuration I need to make system wide
> to get my services to recognize the new domain?

What directive did you edit?

> root@ghost:/etc> telnet localhost 25
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 ghost.net.cfw.com ESMTP Exim 3.12 #1 Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:30:24 -0500

Yu could try setting the Exim directive primary_hostname to your desired
hostname.

To do it system-wide, make sure that the DNS reverse lookup for the
primary IP resolves correctly. And also edit /etc/hostname so it is
correct and use the hostname command.

  Jeremy C. Reed
(Anyone from Snohomish County interested in a BSD and Linux users group?
Email me off-list.)